On Being a Pediatric Dentist
Dr. Ronald Acquaro believes in delivering gentle, effective care based on each person’s unique needs. He is skilled at building trust among his pediatric and adolescent patients, and helping them learn that a visit to the dentist can be an enjoyable experience and is not something that should ever be an issue of concern. By spending time with each patient, Dr. Acquaro talks with them about their oral cavity, explaining how everything works and, if treatment is required, what needs to be done, why, and how — always in terms that are understandable and reassuring.
Particularly interested in orthodontics, Dr. Acquaro loves observing the positive changes that happen in his orthodontia patients while they move through treatment. As their teeth straighten and they see a new smile developing, they become more outgoing and self-assured, and Dr. Acquaro knows the patient will have a happier life as a result of the care he has delivered.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – University of South Florida
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Two-year rotation in general dentistry, prosthodontics, and oral surgery – U.S. Air Force Dental Service
- Pediatric Dental Specialty Certificate – Medical University of South Carolina
Passionate about continuing education, Dr. Acquaro belongs to numerous oral health and pediatric dental study clubs. He regularly attends meetings, lectures, and conferences in order to stay up to date with the latest developments in treatment methodologies, materials, and technologies. Dr. Acquaro has a special interest in child and adult orthodontics and has accumulated many hours of continuing education in this area.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Orthodontic Society
- Florida Dental Facial Study Club
Away from the office, you’ll often find Dr. Acquaro enjoying the great outdoors, especially boating and fishing.